Before the actual submission of a manuscript to the Editorial Support for peer-review, you are kindly requested:
File Submission for Review Process
After the manuscript registration, you are kindly asked to upload those files which are necessary for the peer-review process. These are at least:
- The abstract (title, authors, affiliations, abstract text, sample ) as *.pdf file;
- The complete manuscript (abstract, text, tables, figures) as *.pdf file.
Other possible review files are:
- Any supplementary material (if available) as *.zip archive or single *.pdf file. The overall file size of a supplement is limited to 50 MB. Authors of larger supplements are kindly asked to submit their files to a reliable data repository and to insert a link in the manuscript. Ideally, this linkage is realized through DOIs (digital object identifier);
- The author's response in case of "minor" or "major" revisions, as one separate *.pdf file (indicating page and line numbers), structured in a clear and easy to follow sequence: (1) comments from referees, (2) author's response, (3) author's changes in manuscript. Regarding author's changes, it is recommended to provide a marked-up manuscript version (track changes in Word, latexdiff in LaTeX) converted into *.pdf and combined with the author's response.
File Submission for Production Process
After the acceptance of a manuscript, you will be informed by email and are kindly asked to complete the file upload for the publication production process. Then, please submit the following files:
- The actual text followed by the table(s) and figure caption(s) prepared in the way as outlined in the Manuscript Preparation as one file in LaTeX (as *.tex file) or MS WORD format (as *.doc file);
- All figures, numbered e.g. f01, f02, ..., f11, f01a, f01b, and prepared in the way as outlined in the Manuscript Preparation, as one *.zip archive (or other compressed formats). Possible figure formats are *.pdf, *.ps, *.eps, *.jpg, *.png, *.tif, and *.gif.
Remark on File Sizes
Authors are kindly asked to find the best balance between good quality of figures and submitted material on the one hand, and to keep the overall file size limited on the other hand. Individual figures should not exceed 5 MB, and the overall size of all submitted files excluding supplements should not exceed 30 MB.